Many thanks to:
Deanna Schrayer at The Other Side of Deanna
Laura Eno at A Shift in Dimensions
I would like to pass along this award to:
Cathy Olliffe at Life on the Muskoka River
She is quite funny, sassy, and her comments on my stories always make me feel as if I done good!
Now look here.
If The Sugar Blogger was not enough reason to celebrate, I've also received The Silver Lining AND Honest Scrap awards from Anne Lord Tyler who can be found at Don't Fence Me In
What can I say? I am flabbergasted. I consider these women exceptional writers and friends whose support, encouragement, and sense of fun make any day great. Please visit them and you'll see for yourself.
The Silver Lining Award is given to blogs that help others or that focus on the good things in life to uplift others. This award comes with one condition. I must now pass it on to five other blogs that I feel have accomplished the same thing.
The Sugar Doll and Honest Scrap Awards require me to list ten things about myself that are true. Damn! Er. I mean, of course I will. I'll combine the two and keep it to ten for my sake, and yours.
1. I was born and raised in New York City.
2. I taught myself to read at four years of age.
3. I attended Catholic School until junior high. Yeah. I know.
4. The only sport I enjoyed playing in school was.... Well, I'll think on it and get back to you.
5. I was asked to the school prom by the captain of the football team, even though I was NOT a cheerleader. Didn't go because my father would not allow it.
6. I was a television reporter.
7. I have three children.
8. I enjoy living in Washington, DC, but miss New York and visit often.
9. Never inhaled or exhaled cigarettes or anything else. Which explains a lot.
10. Love listening to other people's stories than talking about myself.
Once again, please forgive me for adapting the conditions to my needs at the moment. Because I know that so many of my writing friends have or are receiving these awards from different people, I've decided not to overwhelm them. So I hereby bestow The Silver Lining and Honest Scrap awards to one person who is quite wonderful and inspirational, too. She also shares her wine with me. Virtually, of course, though if I could get her to visit maybe she'll bring a bottle!
Georganna Hancock. Her great blog is A Writer's Edge and it's so chock full of good information, amusing asides, no-nonsense thinking that one can consider it as getting five blogs for the price of one!